Posted on March 22nd, 2012
Hi, i am from Pakistan but live and work in Singapore from last three years. i want to ask one simple question, i take Omega-3 (Fish Oil) with Fresh milk so kindly answer me is Fish oil with fresh Milk cause of white patches on skin? is there any Medical proof that Fish oil with Fresh milk cause of Depigmentation (white Patches on skin or vitiligo)?
Answer – Can Fish Oil- Omega-3 with Fresh milk Cause White Patches on Skin or Vitiligo ?
No. There is no medical proof. I personally know 25-30 people who eat fish and milk together for years. They do not have any skin depigmentation issues. I worked in Japan for some time and many Japanese people eat fish & milk; they have a clear skin. I do take fish oil with milk products.
After discussing with many people suffering from this skin disorder, I feel that the disorder is among people who are not good at handling stress. Stress triggers certain chemicals in the body and aggrevates autoimmune disorders.
It may sound stupid, but applying skin moisturizer helps in the initial stages to reduce spread in a lot of people.
The idea is – keep body temperature moderate. Eat alkaline foods – not acidic one. I do not have evidence to prove this. I am not a doctor by profession but love to study on skin diseases. This is just my observation.
Hope this helps.
Tags: Can Fish Oil with Fresh milk Cause White Patches on Skin or Vitiligo
Filed under Vitiligo FAQ | Comments Off
Posted on November 29th, 2010
I just want to keep this post very short. There are many vitiligo forums on internet where you can find a lot of people to share your thoughts. Many times they are good at giving you moral boost. Here is the list of vitiligo forums for you.
Here is illustration depicting : Vitiligo Forums
Popular Vitiligo Forums
- Vitiligo ABC Homeopathy Forum – ABC Homeopathy Forum Vitiligo.
- I Have Vitiligo Group with Personal Stories Forums and Chat – Do You Have Vitiligo Join friendly people sharing 28 true stories in the I Have Vitiligo group. Find forums advice and chat with groups who share this.
- Vitiligo Support International Forums – The Forums Listing
- Vitiligo Society uk loss of skin colour – An introduction to Vitiligo by the Vitiligo Society understanding this common skin disorder in which patches of skin lose their colour
Vitiligo is a condition in which the skin turns white due to the loss of melanocytes. These cells produce melanin, the pigment that gives the skin its characteristic color. (Melanocytes also impart color to the retina of the eye and the mucous membrane tissues lining the inside of the mouth, nose, genital and rectal areas). In vitiligo, the melanocytes are mysteriously destroyed, leaving de-pigmented patches of skin on different parts of the body. The hair that grows in areas affected by vitiligo may also turn white.
The photograph on : Forums On Vitiligo
Vitiligo is a common skin disorder. It occurs in 1-2% of people and affects both sexes and all races equally. Vitiligo is never present at birth. It crops up between the ages of 10 and 30 in about half of cases and before age 40 in 95% of cases. More than 30% of people with vitiligo have a family history of the disorder, pointing to the presence of genetic factors capable of contributing to the condition.
That is about about forums on vitiligo. Register as a user providing your name and email. Be with similar people who share the same things
Posted on November 28th, 2010
The easily visible symptom of vitiligo in children is depigmentation of parts of skin that occurs on the extremities. Although white spots or patches are small in the beginning, they often increase in size and keep on changing in shape.
In non-segmental vitiligo (NSV), you can see some form of symmetry in location of the patches where depigmentation occurs. New patches start appearing over time and can be generalized over large portions of the body or localized to a particular area. Vitiligo where little pigmented skin remains is referred to as vitiligo universalis. NSV can come about at any age, unlike segmental vitiligo,which is far more prevalent in teenage years.
From my collection illustration on : Vitiligo Symptoms In Children
Classes of Non-Segmental Vitiligo in Infants
- Generalized Vitiligo : the most common pattern, wide and randomly distributed areas of depigmentation
- Universal Vitiligo : depigmentation encompasses most of the body
- Focal Vitiligo : one or a few scattered macules in one area, most common in children
- Acrofacial Vitiligo : fingers and periorificial areas
- Mucosal Vitiligo: depigmentation of only the mucous membranes
Segmental Vitiligo Symptoms in Kids
- Segmental vitiligo (SV) different in appearance.
- Its treatment is different from that of Non-Segmental Vitiligo.
- Tends to affect areas of skin that are related to dorsal roots from the spine.
- It spreads much more rapidly than NSV and, without treatment.
Here is photo depiting : Symptoms Of Vitiligo In Children
Reference - Vitiligo at Wikipedia
References on Vitiligo Symptoms In Children
- Symptoms of Vitiligo in infants WrongDiagnosis.com – Symptoms of Vitiligo in infants including 6 medical symptoms and signs of Vitiligo in infants alternative diagnoses misdiagnosis and correct diagnosis
- Vitiligo Treatment Symptoms Causes Diagnosis and Signs on MedicineNet.com – Learn about the symptoms diagnosis research and treatment of vitiligo an incurable pigmentation disorder and autoimmune disease that causes white patches
- Prevention Of Vitiligo Vitiligo Children Symtom Prevention – Prevention Of Vitiligo
- Vitiligo Information Vitiligo Treatments Causes Symptoms – Vitiligo Facts plus the Latest News on Vitiligo Treatments HealthNewsflash
- Fast Facts about Vitiligo – Fast Facts about Vitiligo
- Symptoms of vitiligo – People who develop vitiligo usually first notice white patches on their skin. Vitiligo causes light or white patches on skin that are symmetrical.